14.12.08

Sunday girl

I used to live for the weekends. Like most of the working world my weekend used to mean freedom from the stress and aggravation of having to produce something that will appease the boss. My weekend mean something very different now. In my world they don't exist any more. There is still house work to do, still a baby to look after and still a husband to clean up after. No more Friday night drinks. No more Saturdays shopping and wasting time with my friends. No more lazy Sunday's nursing a hangover and watching films in my pajamas. Those days are gone and have been replaced with something that maybe more mature, more worthwhile but damn, it's nowhere near as fun. My Friday nights are now filled with washing and making up feeds, looking after my son and trying to get a head start on all the little jobs I have to do so that by Sunday I can just sit and enjoy what little time we have together as a family. My Saturdays and no longer spent chatting with my friends and wandering round the mall, but spent fighting my way around the supermarket because i have forgotten something. My Saturday nights are not filled with drunken revelry but with late night feeds and bad 80s buddy cop movies. My Sundays though, if I have planned it right will be filled with films and cuddling on the sofa. It doesn't happen as much as I would like as my husband is more often than not sat at his pc working on something that I can only guess at. The world and your life changes. You can fight it and you can bemoan your fate or you can stop and enjoy what you have. I may not have the freedom of my youth but I have a man who I love more than live who I know feels the same, I have a son who smiles when he sees me and I have a big ass tv for watching those bad 80s buddy cop movies.

0 comments: