2.12.08

The Reindeer Suit

I ventured out with my mum today, to try and get the last of my Christmas shopping done. I know my son is only 7 weeks old but I really wanted to get him a little Christmas present. He won’t appreciate it, play with it or even know what it is for at least another two months but as it is his first Christmas I wanted to give him something. So off to mothercare I troop, his doting grandmother in tow. One of the benefits of being a mother is parent and child parking spaces. I still get a little thrill from parking in one. I love mothercare, its full of temptation for a new mum. With Logan being my first its very hard to resist the temptation not to dress him very silly outfits and mothercare have their fair share of them. As it is Christmas you can now dress your child as a reindeer, a snowman, a penguin or even a Christmas pudding. Everything in me tells me that they are just awful, tacky and hideous and that I should never consider dressing my little boy in such a demeaning outfit but somewhere along the lines, probably during my stay in hospital these outfits became impossibly cute. I think they must have given me too many drugs. It seems that by becoming a mother somewhere along the way I have lost all sense of style. You will be pleased to here that I didn’t buy my son a novelty outfit as you see there is no need. His auntie Emma has beaten me to it. She bought him a reindeer outfit last week and as much as I hate to admit it, it is unbearably cute and he will look adorable on Christmas day.
After picking Charlie up from work and fighting my way through the traffic at Aztec west, we come home to a very cold house because once again we have run out of gas. I can’t get on with having a card meter, we keep running out because I forget to check if there is money left on it. Because I have been out all day there is a very bored and hungry cat waiting for me along with a mountain of housework. I gave Fincher our cat double food before I went out but, the little pig that he is, he had eaten it all in one go and was meowing like mad when I got in for his next lot. So I feed him then ran around for the next two hours doing all the little jobs that it takes to keep a three bed house tidy when you have a new born and a very messy husband. I swear I have never done so much washing in my entire life than I have done since Logan was born. He seems to spit up on everything regardless of how much I wind him. So he has about three changes a day, that along with the sheets and blankets he inevitably spits up on as well means I’m washing at least one load every other day. Add in all the washing that two adults create, usually with spit up down the shoulder, I always have washing to do. All that said I love seeing Logan’s baby clothes drying on the radiators or on the line. It just feels so mumsy knowing that im looking after my little man. Oddly enough my husband’s boxers on the radiator do not instil such warm feelings, go figure.
In between the bottle warmings, the washing and the nappies I managed to squeeze a little time to work on one of my projects. I have been working on many craft projects for months and tonight I finally managed to get some time to work on a crochet afghan that I have been adding to for months. Worked in light cherry shades it comprises of ten different pattern blocks. I’m making ten of each of these to make up one hundred. So far I have about fifty so half way there. Pictures to follow soon, hopefully when I have it completed. I am hoping to have it finished by Christmas but as the festive season gets closer I must start work on my Christmas cards. Just another job for tomorrow.

0 comments: