4.12.08

Being A Mother

Just another ordinary, average day. After dropping Charlie off at work I came home and tidied up the havoc that one eight week old baby and one lazy husband can cause. The fridge is looking decidedly bare already but that will have to wait till Friday when I am going food shopping with my mum. Logan has once again been a complete angel sleeping six hours allowing me to get all my little jobs done and have a little me time.
One of my best friends sent me a text to day. It read like this

A mum has strengths that no one will ever know.
She can handle trouble and carry heavy burdens.
She holds happiness, love and opinions.
She smiles when she feels like screaming.
She sings when she feels like crying.
Cries when she is happy and laughs when she is afraid.
Her love is unconditional.
There is only one thing wrong with her.
She sometimes forgets what she is worth.
Pass this on to every beautiful mum you know.
I just did x.

When I read this I nearly started crying. I think it sums up everything my mother is. That was when it hit me, I am now a mother. I loved my son from the minute I saw him as a little blob on a ultra sound but it wasn’t until that very moment that I realised that I was a mother. Logan will be looking to me that same way that I look to my mother and it’s a massive task. I couldn’t have asked for a better mother. We may have clashed on occasion but from the moment I found I was pregnant we have been very close. I hope that I can love and support Logan as much as my mother does me. One thing I do know is that I love my son with my whole being and I will stop at nothing to make him happy. I may not be the best mother but I will try damn hard.

0 comments: