26.12.08

Boxing day

Anyone who knows Bristol will know that my next statement is complete madness. Anyone who lives near or has ever been to a large shopping centre will also know its complete madness.

I went to the Mall

I went to the Mall on boxing day

I went to the Mall on boxing day during the sales.

The Mall is a huge shopping centre in Cribbs Causeway on the outskirts of Bristol. It has been in the local news recently due to the complete gridlock that happens nearly every year around Christmas time. I have been stuck before for over four hours and my brother got stuck on Monday for nearly five hours. But for some ungodly reason it seamed like a very good idea to head to the Mall this afternoon. We packed up the car, prepared for a long queue and

Nothing.

The roads were empty. I thought for a moment that maybe the Mall was closed, it was that quiet. Forty five minutes I am the proud owner of a new handbag, Charlie has a new game for his 360 and I’ve bought some Christmas scrapbooking stuff for the stash. Not bad going really.

Charlie and I decided to celebrate our good fortune with McDonalds. Yum.

I love going to my parents for tea. Mum always does way to much food and I get a little peace and quiet because dad can’t leave Logan alone. Granny and her friend Tom joined us and a good time was had by all. Logan laughed and smiled at everyone, his usual charming self.

I can’t believe Christmas is over.

0 comments: