13.12.08

The Films Of My Past

I woke up today with a bit of a cold so decided that I was going to have a duvet day. Well best laid plans of mice and men, my duvet day didn’t exactly go to plan. I ended up doing a load of house work, looking after a very grumpy baby then driving my hubby to Homebase so that he could work on his costume for New Years Eve.
Logan woke up with a little bit of a cold himself so understandably he has been super grumpy and cuddley all day. I don’t mind the cuddles but as I feel like shit myself I would just love to curl up and sleep. In the end I ended up on the sofa watching Willow. But my retro viewing didn’t end there. I watched Krull followed by Legend and loved every second. There is something about re-watching the beloved films of my teenage years to make a girl feel better. I loved Willow so much when I was young (the film not the little man that plays Willow)that I named my pet rabbit after it. Krull was as bad yet as good as I remembered. The blind Emerald seer is still just as creepy as I remember and I can see now where my slightly goth sense of style came from as I still want to be the widow of the web as badly as I did when I was a girl.Legend is going to need a second watch as I was too busy cringing at the off key singing and trying not to laugh at Tom Cruises awful acting and even worse costume. What kind of muppet goes in to battle wearing only the top half of your armour? I guess one that thinks he has great legs.

0 comments: