3.12.08

The Mystery Of The Empty Fridge

Why is it that every morning after taking Charlie to work I come home and stare into the fridge as if it contains some mystical relic? I can never choose anything for breakfast so end up having something completely inappropriate. This morning breakfast consisted of bbq beef flavour hula hoops, a ham and cheese toastie, diet coke and a sterling kingsize. Not the most nutritious of ways to start the day.
In the morning I did very little. Logan slept for 5 hours between feeds and I only woke him up because he had his 6-8 week medical at 1.15 and I wanted to give him a bath. Once again I spent a few hours doing housework and then sorted out our Christmas presents.
Logan flew through his medical with out a problem. He is a health bouncy 12 pound 10 ounces, his hearing and vision are good as well as his spine and hips. He does have a little baby eczema so I will be off tomorrow to get him some E45. But other than that we have the perfect if a little large baby.
After tea, while having a quick rest and eating some ice cream Charlie showed me a set of cd cases he had obviously been working on for a long time. They were wonderful but I couldn’t help but wonder if this was a sign of a fundamental difference between men and women or a least between my husband and I. Having a baby around takes pretty much all of my time and keeping our house upstraight takes up the rest. When I do manage to get some “me” time I spend it either with my parents or I do something that will benefit both of us, like painting the kitchen. It seems obvious to me that when my husband gets his “me” time, which may I add he gets a lot more than me, he spend working solely on thing that will improve his life. Now either he is being selfish or I am not being selfish enough? I’m not sure that I really want to know the answer to that question so instead of pondering it too closely im going to steal a little me time and watch a little Bill Bailey.

0 comments: