12.12.08

I hate picking new glasses

Why does walking in to an Opticians fill me with dread? I have worn glasses since before I can remember so I should be used to the degradation of the silly plastic glasses and the mild disgust and discomfit of having someone breathe in your face while flashing a light in to your eyes. This time was no exception, I felt silly and uncomfortable through most of the test but the good new is that my eyes have gotten a little better. This means that I now have thinner lenses and fashionable glasses are within my reach. So down the stairs I trot, new prescription in hand to pick out new frames for a fairly uninspiring collection. Stairs and no lift! I glad mum was with me or I would have been stuck as I had Logan with me in the push chair but thats a rant for a later date. Buried in a collection of so called fashionable frames I managed to find a pair that not only suit me but that I love. Its just a shame that I have to wait until next Friday to pick them up before I can show them off. A picture will follow as they are too hard to describe.

0 comments: