6.2.09

Scrummy Stash Cafe


This is my entry from the Scrummy Stash Café challenge blog. I actually finished it last night but due to the large amount of snow that fell on my little village I haven’t been able to post it until now.
I live in a little village on the Welsh border. I am surrounded by rolling fields filled with sheep. I moved here with my hubby about eight months ago from an equally small village surrounded by rolling fields filled with cows on the outskirts of Bristol. Because my husband still works in Bristol, I drive him to work every day over the severn crossing. There are two bridges crossing the severn in to England and just after ten this morning they were both closed due to the snow. This is the first time this has happened since the second crossing was opened. Fortunately we were able to cross it in to England this morning but after struggling our way through the deep snow to Charlies office we found out that they were closing for the day and that Charlie could go home. A little annoying as it takes thirty minutes to get to Charlies office and another thirty to get home. Charlie was thrilled though, its not often that you get an unexpected day off. We headed for my mums as she was expecting me, it being Friday. I am very glad that we did as they had closed the bridges and we had no way of returning to Wales. Even my mum’s street was barely impassable. In the end we waited it out at mums, building a snow man, making snow angels and having snowball fights. I felt like a child again. I hope that Logan gets to see snow like this again when he is old enough to enjoy it.

0 comments: