1.1.09

A brand new year

When I sit and think of the pass year, I am stunned into silence, which is a rare thing indeed. So much has happened in the space of a year that it’s a little hard to comprehend. Our nice orderly life has been turned upside down and we are loving every second of it.

We bought our first home. A big step in anyone’s book. A three bed Victorian end of terrace that still needs some love and attention thought we have managed to decorate three rooms so far. We got it for a seriously good price, all we had to do was move to Wales, which hasn’t been bad at all.

We had our son, Logan. I thought that I would never have kids so when that little blue line appeared it came as a bit of a shock. Even more so to my husband when I rang him in work to tell him. He is wonderful and beautiful and I love him, simple as that.

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. I will always be thankful for him and his ability to make me smile when I want to kill.

I feel, as does everyone at this time of year, that I should make some new years resolutions. I though long and hard over them and decided on these.

1. Clean less and scrap more. In the future my friends and family won’t care that my washing up wasn’t done straight away or that I had a pile of ironing a mile high. Share what matters to you, the rest can wait awhile.
2. Watch a new film once a month. My husband and I love to watch films but of late we have found ourselves watching the same ones over and over again. We have a rather substantial collection of DVDs and a disappointing amount of them we have never watched.
3. Finish what I start. I don’t know about you but I have numerous projects sat in bags and boxes waiting for me to finish them. Many of them would only take a hour or so to finish but I keep getting distracted by the next thing.

Those are my resolutions. Simple and achievable.

Happy new year readers….If there are any of you!

1 comments:

Jac’s Playground said...

I love your New Year resolutions especially the first one!